Monday, June 15, 2009

Sam's last week in the USA

I sent Sam a list of Elders that are leaving the MTC bound for the Guatemala MTC (CCM) the same day he is and he responded to that.

So I know Elder Turek, he is in my zone and has the room next to mine. And we just had two districts leave today so things are kinda quiet. We went to the temple and loved it. It is so nice to be able to go. Next week we have a cleaning assignment so that should be fun.

I also received my flight plans and I have to be ready to be picked up out front at 5:00 am and don't get into Guatemala till 7:00 pm. So I will have a five hour lay over and yes I can call. It will be about 12:00 in Texas when I land so let me know when to call if some people wanted to come over. I am really excited to leave and sad at the same time.

I have some pictures and I will get them developed and send it to you if you would like. The language is super hard and I am really struggling. We decided to only speak Spanish for a week - it is a work in progress though. Elder Wernli and I taught our first lesson in Spanish to some Elders who were pretty good; we didn't do that great.

So now for some advice for all. I challenge all of you to look up the conference talk by Jeffery R. Holland titled "None Were With Him." It was in the last conference and one of the greastest talks I have ever heard. I believe that it will put into perspective our struggles compared to what the Lord did for us. And for Katie read D&C 84:88 it will help you on your mission and with your mission call. [And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.]

Well I pray for you all and know that the Lord blesses us and gives us far more then we ever really deserve but it just shows how much he loves us and wants us to return to Him.

Well, I love you all and will talk to some of you soon. And Mom can you send me some CD's, not motab or EFY but like Singles Ward or RM or Best Two Years so I can have some variety and some floss holders. Thank you and love you all.

P.S. I need Bryce's number I have permission to call him and I sent him a letter and challenged him so hopefully he will respond. But please get me his number. Thank you - love you all.

You can watch a portion of the talk Sam refers to at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc or read it at http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-27,00.html .

A second email was also sent:

So can you send me some polynesian church music and I bought all the Spanish hymns, but I still want some good stuff - loud and courageous.

Elder Bednar came and spoke on Tuesday. He was way good; it was about when it is the Holy Ghost or you speaking. He said don't worry about it and get to work.

Love you talk to you later.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy- what day is Sam going to be in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam will fly through on the 23rd - next Tuesday. I am assuming Dallas, but not sure. You must have made it safely home, Hope you had a nice time in Bako.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete