Monday, July 27, 2009

Red, Wet but not Blue

In my letter to Sam, I wrote, "We would love to hear about the missionary work, of course, your living conditions, eating and laundry arrangements and your ward/branch." This was his reply:

Okay, well, let me see living conditions are pretty sad. We go to bed hearing a lady yell at her kid and the kid cries a ton but only when we go to bed. My companion is amazing, he has six months left and was released as a zone leader to train me. The work is rough; we aren't having a ton of success but we have some interested. We have made a baptism date with a old man but his wife says she will after him. My Spanish is improving slowly and it is kind of frustrating, but I can't let it get me down because I need to be confident in the Lord.

Yesterday we had a drink and some bread at a member’s house. They laughed as they gave it to us and said it had some ants on it, but they won't bother you, so we ate it. We have a lady in the ward who does our laundry so I don't have to. And with food it is odd because the members take turns feeding us but that isn't allowed in the mission. We are only to have three cooks, so it is in the process of change.

The other day we were walking to the other side of our area, which takes less than an hour and we saw the clouds coming and tried to get there before, but we didn't make it. We didn't have anything to keep us dry and got soaked. Bad news: my backpack had dried paint on it, so it got wet and my whole right arm was all red so I hope that comes out. I plan on buying a backpack tomorrow so no worries. But things are hot or wet but amazing.

I love you all and tell Kevin congratulations on his call. [His cousin Kevin got his mission call to Colorado Springs, CO.]
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment