Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Baptism with Picture!

So zone conference was really good. I feel like I understand a lot more. Thank you for your prayers. I got dad's letter which was really good - so thanks mom.

This past week we have been super busy with the mini-mission we had and all the referrals we got. But this week will be super busy too. We had a training conference yesterday with all the new kids and trainers. Then today is a district meeting and tomorrow is a full work day. Thursday will be our pday because our zone got closest to our goals and we will go eat at the mission home after a visit to the doctors (for my companion - nothing serious, so don't worry). Friday will be division most likely and this weekend we find out about changes [transfers]. There could be a good chance I go because we have 20 new missionaries coming in. But no one ever really knows; you can never guess what the president is thinking.

The baptism was amazing. The power was out at the church right before the baptism. My comp. was in the water about to raise his hand to the square to perform the baptism as the lights came on. And a minute after the lights turned off again. But the coolest thing is to see the change in Ernesto Barrios [the gentleman in the picture below] as he reads the Book of Mormon and seeing him stop drinking and smoking. On Sunday he should get the priesthood.

It is so good to hear from you all and it is crazy: after this week it will almost be four months.

P.S. I got a letter from Trevor Dunlap, my old roommate, and he is going to Honduras. Also mom, for Christmas, if you send a package, can you look at missionary mall and get me a black raincoat and maybe look for a good backpack that can support my back a little better. I might buy an electric razor because we had fleas and they got my face pretty good and I scratched so I am trying to be a little more careful about my face. I might buy one if I can find it. Just to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment