Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fourth month

Hey -

Yesterday we had p-day and did a service project where we bagged food for those in the southeast who suffered from a bad crop season. I really enjoyed that. This change has gone by so fast - it is crazy. We are already in the fourth week. And next week is zone conference. I haven't sent the pictures yet, we go to Antigua next week and will try and send them after that. And maybe something for the little boys.

Things here are tough; we have no problem finding people, but they will not accept our commitments and won't progress. We have a 24 year old man in our ward. He was introduced to the church by his girlfriend after his dad died in a motorcycle accident. He has been a member for a little over a year and he just sent his papers in for a mission. He races motorcycles for Honda, has his own company, and is leaving it all to serve a mission. He has gone out with us a few times and he is amazing. Here they would say he is “pilas” [no clue]. But we have a few young men who really seem interested and I have found that a lot of younger people here are receptive.

As for my studies, Mom, I finished D&C and Joseph Smith History and decided to start the Book of Mormon over again. I have finished Our Search for Happiness and Our Heritage. And yes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I was excited to hear about BYU so keep me posted. But it is a very different experience here. I take vans or trucks as shuttles. And just hang on the back or the side.

Also – Mom, I took some cash out so don't worry if some is gone. [$4.50 at Burger King :) ] I love you all and hope all are okay. Please send me Nathan’s and Kevin’s addresses - that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment