Saturday, September 12, 2009

A mid-week letter!

What a nice surprise to receive a letter from Elder Musick in the middle of the week. I think he wrote it about a month ago because he mentioned that he has been in the mission field for 4 weeks, but it only took 8 days to get to us from the postmark date. He did ask if we got his pictures ... sadly, no, not yet. Wonder when those were sent.

Anyway I thought I would share some things:

Dear Family
"I am enjoying it here, we have an amazing ward, but the work is hard. People aren't too humble and don't care what we have to say. We knocked one door and the lady said her husband is a pastor, too. I heard that pastors are the wealthiest profession here." He then tells of his upcoming baptism (see August 18, 2009 post).

"My companero has five months left and just got done being a zone leader at the coast. President Baldwin has a new program: one zone is the training zone. It is in the capitol and he has taken the best of the best to train us. But we have a lot of greenies in my group and more are coming in this next change". (See Aug 26, 2009 post)

"It is crazy here, it is like a city in the middle of this jungle. Our last P-day we went to the zoo as a zone, which was a fun. And I heard we might go to Antigua on our last P-day of this change. In my personal study I finished the Book of Mormon and Our Search for Happiness and am half way through the Doctrine and Covenants. So I am turning into Mom, for sure"

This past Fast Sunday I went up and bore my testimony. It was shakey, but I did it. I am doing better at understanding the meetings at least the main points. The other night we did divisions with the ward mission leader and the 1st counselor and I taught the first lesson, well, half of it. It was only about 15 minutes, but I did it, so that is an improvement. I am glad Jared has a calling he enjoys and I loved Kelsey's stories. But things are good and if you want to know more, please send a questionnaire and I will do my best."

Love, Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment