Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sweet, Humble Letter

Dear Family,
So I know I don't write too often, but I hope this will be good for a while. I will start with a little experience.

We have an investigator who has no [electric] power and is in big, big debt. (She has a baptismal date for this Sunday.) We told her that we would fast for her and that through faith the Lord will bless her. The very next day we passed by and she had light. We asked how and she said someone had paid power for this month. It is so great to see the hand of the Lord bless and change the lives of those who seek repentance.

Now at this point in my mission I have hit a wall, a stumbling block, or as I like to think "the pain before the growth spurt". I have truly loved and appreciated your words of advice and would ask for more to be able to learn how best to learn from this time.

I would also like to thank you all for your love and advice and especially your patience with me. I have seen how great a family we have (even with our oddities)- it is amazing. I would like to thank Mom and Dad for everything. I know that I have been blessed with the greatest, sweetest, selfless parents ever. Thank you, Kelsey and Lance, for all the wisdom, love, and nosey guidance. Thank you, Bethany and Jordan, for all the laughs, but also for your example of fun but seriousness in your callings and all things pertaining to the Gospel. Thank you, Jared and Cherie, for the blessing of seeing how to fave faith in difficult situations and always with loving care. I thank Katie for her sweet spirit and love. I don't know what I would do without you all. And the Boys, thank you for your spirit and prayers for me at this time. I love you all and know I would be lost without you all. I pray all is well and that you all faithfully magnify our calling and help the missionaries. I love you all and hope mom let's you all know what I said.

Love, Elder Musick

Please see comment below

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathco said...
    OK family - Sam needs some support, please write him a letter - not an email - he needs to be able to read and reread it. Make it upbeat and encouraging. Share your experiences. He will hit his 6 month mark in a few weeks and the newness of it all may be wearing thin. Thanks, Mom

    ReplyDelete