Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Assignment change

Well, I am glad to hear you had a great [Stake] Conference. We also had a conference that was just for Guatemala and Belize which was really amazing. [The activity at the Mission] President’s house was really fun. Saturday I found out that my comp had changes and that I had an interview. So I didn’t really sleep well over the course of two nights and then Monday was changes. I had my interview and must have done something wrong because I am now senior companion. I am in my fourth change and something like this is very odd in the mission. But I feel like I have a good comp. He is from El Salvador, but was born in Honduras. In my district they took all the senior comps out. I do feel really blessed because I feel like the Lord is helping me in this position and has helped my Spanish and in the promptings and guidance in this big step of my mission. Your prayers would be of great help and support at this time, though.

Monday we had a lesson with a family where the husband has been inactive for five years and came back and now his wife is receiving the lessons. She doesn’t have a testimony and so I have been studying in chapter five of PMG about the book of Mormon and how it helps with a testimony. We taught her about it and then Monday with my new comp, I asked, “Have you received an answer?” and with a tear in her eye and the spirit so strong she said, “Yes” and has a fecha [baptismal date] for this weekend. I really feel a big weight now as senior comp. and feel a big responsibility to change this area. But I also feel and know that the Lord has called and blessed me and I ask for your love and prayers to help me to do all I can to bless my comp. and also my investigators and their needs and that I can meet them.

I also got your big letter and enjoyed it. I thank you for your love and support of me and am truly blessed to have such an amazing loving family.

Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment