Monday, November 9, 2009

Many Different Challenges

Okay, first of all, I am very sorry my stories and details are really lacking, I have had a lot on my mind and just have been busy. But first you don't need to send me shoes, but insoles would be great, polyester ties, those floss things and if you could send an electric razor, that would be amazing because my face is taking a beating here.

This past week the work has been rough. My comp. was sick Monday and slept all day. That was super rough but during that time I got to 2nd Nephi and almost finished Preach My Gospel. We also went to the capital this Friday for a really small conference on retention. That was really nice because there are two missionaries that are amazing and have really helped me during this change. But yesterday was pretty cool because I decided to fast and just felt so much closer to the spirit and that in my teaching my Spanish was so much better. It really was cool and I loved my fast.

In one week we have changes and I really have no idea what is going to happen. This Thursday we are going to the mission home because our zone was the most successful so that should be super fun and a really nice break. I really feel like in this change that I have grown in patience and learned how to love everyone. I really see the challenges in this change have turned me into a better missionary but it has been a difficult process.

You wanted to know what I have been going through and this is it. We have a lot of investigators with dates but a lot have problems and we are trying to help them but it is tricky because you have to be careful. We have one family that has a four year old who just loves to pray and says the sweetest prayers - which I don't really understand, but is very sweet. The problem is the husband is married to another lady and really that is how everyone on the coast is.

But I love you all and hope you are all okay. And Dad I have question for you - how do you help someone forgive themselves because that is a challenge with one of our investigators and was wondering if you had any hints that would help?

No comments:

Post a Comment