Monday, December 21, 2009

Now, he's a wedding planner!

Okay, thank you all for your love and support and packages. I got one from grandma and you guys and really enjoyed them - thank you. But I loved the tree it was pretty cool, I must say.

Last week we were in a lesson with a family (the wife is an active member and is at church every Sunday, but the husband was a hit man) and we have been working hard with him and working towards marriage. So last week we had a lesson and we have taught him twice before this and I said we want to get you married and I want to see it. So I said, "[Let’s do it] the 26th of this month because on the 28th is changes and I didn't want to miss this." They said "yes" and so for tomorrow’s pday we have to get up at four am to pull some papers out. And then we scheduled some lessons in the afternoon so we won't get pday tomorrow.

But also the husband gave us four referrals and they have all worked together so we have a lot of work and have been teaching repentance like crazy. But I have seen harden criminals break down and cry just wanting to change their lives. I have seen the Lord's hand blessing us and these men to change and come unto Him. The members are very fond of us and we have such help from them right now. The Lord has really blessed us and especially my companion in this time because he found out that his grandpa killed himself and that was super hard for him to take. But he talked to his family Tuesday night and he wanted me to talk to his mom so I talked for a second to them and saw the comfort of the spirit and the plan of salvation blessing them.

But mom I am letting you know I am going to have to use the card from home for a gift exchange with family Rodriguez and to help out with the Wedding a little bit. Just plates and glasses stuff like that. But I am tired because the Lord has given us a great amount of work and we feel so blessed.

I will call you guys on the 25th at 8:00 or 9:00 and so I think that is like 11:00 or 12:00 for you guys, if that is okay. But I love you all so much and pray you are all safe. [Actually, he figured this backward which means he will be calling at 6:00-7:00 - Merry Christmas!]

Love, Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment