Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Bad, Bad Boo and skinny, too!

Okay, so I will tell you everything that has happened. ..
About a month ago I had got sick just a little boo, but then a giant back pain. The boo went away and then came back a week after then left, but all the while I still had back pain. I had some appointments with doctors who took blood, poo, and pee to test - normal, of course. I had x-rays taken on my back: small problem but the same one as before my mission. So then I had another appointment Monday, but before that I got food poisoning and couldn't go to church because I was throwing up all day Sunday and all the way until Monday morning, and I mean it was coming from both sides [ends?].

The Doctor told me I have a spasm in my back and will be doing therapy for two weeks, but just two times a week. I am starting to eat food now but it hurts and I am still pretty weak and skinnier. However, I had a lot of love and help from the members here. Our neighbors came and sang a hymn to me on Sunday and then I got a blessing. Another family gave me a ride to the capital for my appointment. Others call, worry, or fast. A family who are pretty much all in the medical field came over to see how I was doing and offered a lot of help. But I think the storm has passed and things can only get better. Sadly, it has left the work and our investigators on the back burner. My companion was pretty worried; he had never seen someone throw up so much. He was very helpful, but sadly, I think we will have changes this next Monday and with my “in” in the office I know it will be a Latin from Honduras who is fairly new.

It has been sad that Elder Knight and I couldn't work much together because I was so sick. But I have seen changes in the ward: the bishop is happier, we have more coming to church, and the leaders seem to be doing better. But there still is a lot of work to do. In the district I have seen a steady drop in work, well, in finding new investigators which saddens me because I feel with being sick I needed to do more, but I find that I am not able to help my district. I am still trying to figure out how to be a leader and how best to lead in the mission. I have found that it is not easy. But it is necessary.

The back pack picture was just a joke because that was Elder Ruddle’s bag with all his clothes. Also I wrote a letter to the young men [for the Mt. Whitney Hike] and Daniel [a new convert from high school] but sent it to Bethany’s address because I couldn't remember your new address. And Mom, you need to get some sleep because you really don't make sense sometimes in your letters. I love them and they make me laugh, but get some sleep, Mom.

I love you all and hope things are going well.
Love, Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment