Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2010

Well, first I don't know if it would be a good idea for you to send a different backpack - that is a little much but would it be better for my back and still rain proof? I don't know if that would be too hard and if it is, don't worry about it. The back brace? What kind? If you think it is good then I am willing to try it. And by “good stuff” to send, I mean candy, Jerky - no and food to cook - no, really just candy and my pants because I really need those pants.

Also if you could send something nice as a thank you to the Chavez Family who are our neighbors. They really helped me out a ton and maybe you could send something to say thank you for us. Just a thought, I want to do something but something from you would also be nice - but not mandatory.

Yesterday we were really blessed because we had 7 investigators at church and we had two families that were inactive there. One of the families we have been working hard to get the dad to church, because he drinks sometimes. But the wife wants to be sealed and all the kids want that, too. The son is thirteen and will go out with us and has an agenda like us. But yesterday the whole family was there which hasn't happened in like a year or so. And three of them stood up to bear their testimonies. This is the same family that the parents are doctors and they came over when I was really sick and have been helping me for the past month. We went over with a cake yesterday to say thanks and watched a movie about temples. At church I bore my testimony. The bishop’s wife [who was hit by a car - see post on June 28th] came to church in a wheelchair; it has been the first time in a long time that she came. So we had a good number and the next week we have ward conference and the week after that - stake conference.

The district is improving. I put a goal for this week to have ten baptismal dates or goals to be baptized. We have a lot of investigators that are pretty close to being baptized, so if you could pray for the district, I would really appreciate it and think it could really help us. And maybe my back as well.

This next week will be a different one because I will have training in the capital for four days. Which means I will have to go on divisions with Elder Allen in my district and my comp. will go with Elder Allen's but he is a brand new gringo so we'll see how that goes. The training is about a new kind of program they are setting up in all the missions throughout the world to help integrate the new missionaries that come in. It is to help us teach more with the spirit and not just to teach the lesson but the person. So I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks how it went.

I am sorry it is sad that the boys are leaving, but I am sure it is for the best. And let me know what happens with Jared and also the other kids because I don't hear from them too much, but it is probably because they don't hear from me. So if you could keep me updated on them, too - especially Bethany …

As for Elder Knight, he loved your letter and didn't even look at the Spanish part. So if you want to write it just in English, that’s fine. My new comp. is a little more difficult because he is kind of prideful and likes to do things his way - which is tricky because he is new here so he does know much about the members or the ward but wants to lead. It is a good thing I was so indifferent before the mission because I know how to take things as they come, but I don't let him just run amok. But I do see all of the good things and we do work well together; but I can also foresee problems in the future. But things are fine. He just has a proud Honduran thing - very comparative to his country and how things are there and here. He is helpful (for the most part) with my back.

I love you all and thank you for your letter and prayers and still ask for them - especially special prayers for the familia Escanlante (and their divorce) and Susy (to accept a date to be baptized) and Jessica (the same).

Thank you and love you and am proud of dad for hiking Mt. Whitney again.
Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment