Monday, September 27, 2010

It's raining, It's pouring...

We asked:
How are you doing? How are the rains? I see rain (Thunderstorms, Heavy T-storms, scattered T-storms and showers) in your forecast for the next 10 days. Poor Sam.... Do you ever dry out? Do you use your rain jacket, take an umbrella, or rain poncho? Do your shoes dry out? We have been watching Hurricane Matt turn to Tropical storm/depression and drizzle out, but not before dumping tons of water on you. Tell us some details, please.


Well, the rains kind of stink at times because it makes working a little harder and colder. As for my clothes and shoes they are always wet and don't really dry out. Example: I am writing you right now and my feet are all wet. I always use my jacket a lot but I still get soaked. But the thing about the rain is not about the water but about the mudslides. It really stinks walking into a house and we just get everything soaked.

Now tell us how your temple sealing went?
The temple sealing was truly one of the greatest things I have ever seen in my life. They were so grateful and so so so happy. The dad says I have to come back and I want to come back in the end of December and some of January of 2011 and 2012. So you guys know my plans. I truly feel like they are my family here. They try and take care of me and always want us to stop even if it is just to say hi. It was kind of sad because the oldest daughter (22) couldn't be a part of it because she was too old so that was sad. But yesterday she spoke in church and gave an amazing talk.

This next week we have a training in the capital for three days for leaders and so that will be kind of hard to plan for the weddings and everything else. Thursday we woke up at 4:30 to take out birth certificates and some other things to get these families married but we ended up leaving there at 12:30 so that was a long hard day. The families we are teaching are doing well - all getting better and hopefully everything will work out.

Well, can I just tell you that things here are great, but this ward needs help and so please pray for them. I thank you for your prayers and ask that you continue praying for our investigators so that we can have these weddings.

I do just want to tell you all how important families are because I have seen how the Lord has blessed families here with the Gaytan family and many of the other families. I have seen how little kids taught their investigating father to pray and set the example for him to be better.

I love you all and am very excited for B and Jordan. I love you all and pray all is well with you. - Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment