Monday, September 13, 2010

Marvelous Missionary Miracles

Well, I will start out by saying I have truly seen miracles in this last week. First, we have a family we are teaching and she is married and her husband lives in the US and they have been separated for more than ten years. The problem is that she is living with some else and they have three kids. But she just got her DPI which is her ID and it says she is single. So she is going today to verify if it is true and if that is so she can get married and the family can be baptized. It would be three baptisms.

The other is a family we are teaching. The dad hasn't drunk in a month and is working on trying to stop smoking. But there is a daughter who lives next door who has two kids and we are working with them to marry them (as in the daughter) and then try and help the dad stop smoking and drinking so that he and his wife can be baptized. That would be five with all of them. But the amazing thing is that the daughter’s husband is trying to change and went to church yesterday. So if you can pray for the Escalante Family and the Rineda and Roldan families so that they can all be baptized.

But it doesn't end there. On Saturday an appointment fell through and I just felt to visit a family who were returning to church. We shared D&C 121 and we found out that she didn't pay her tithing for a few months, but had then paid that and is now up to date, and that more importantly he had the desire to go to the temple for the first time. The following day, Sunday, the stake presidency had a meeting with the family and so that night they called me telling me that they will be sealed as a family on the 24 of this month and that the mom was crying and telling me that I had to be there. I dropped on my knees crying in thanks for that great blessing. It is the Family Gaytan who I truly love like my own family. I was the first person they called after talking with the stake presidency. I hope and pray that I can be there to see that great blessing. (P.S. Hermano Gaytan told me that I have to come back and that we will spend a week at the coast and that if I wanted we can go up to Peten for a few days in his truck.)

But I have seen some great blessings coming upon us and I pray that we can have these two weddings and I can be there for the sealing because the rules about going to the temple are strict. So please pray for these things so that these miracles can come to pass. But I have seen the importance of the family as well here because it seems like miracles come true when they are about families and how they are living the ordinances of the gospel.

Well, I love you all and tell you these things so that you can join us in prayer and not to show off in pride because I realize this is truly the Lord’s Hand and not by any means me. I love you all and hope all is well. And thank you all for your love and support.

P.S. I am going to buy shoes tomorrow because mine are dead and I believe that you do not need a receipt to get them to send new shoes to you for after the mission. But I love you all and pray for your safety.

Love, Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment