Wednesday, September 22, 2010

¡My first sealing!

Well, things are interesting here, as always. We had the family Roldan and Pineda in church and the children of the family Escalante. We put a date for marriages for the 9th of Oct. and hopefully the baptisms will follow shortly after. Could you guys please pray for the family Roldan that they will get along and pull their papers out and also the family Escalante will pull their papers out and that Carlos will not be influenced by his friends but will follow the spirit. Also, that the family Pineda will be okay and that Francisco will not drink again. We did find two very positive new investigators and they are referrals from two families in the ward. We also had ward counsel for the second time this year and so I am really happy getting the ward working again. The coolest news is that I will be going to the temple this Friday to see the Family Gaytan get sealed. ¡My first sealing!

Yesterday Elder Allen and I - because we are going to the temple - we worked yesterday through our p-day and we went to the sweetest little town or aldea in the world. We went to contact a referral and found the mother of an investigator that Elder Allen is teaching. We helped sell fruit as in I was pushing the wheelbarrow and contacting the whole aldea and everyone loves us there. It was pretty awesome. The place is right on the edge of Lake Amatitlan, but because of the weather problems the lake has raised a lot and has flooded a lot of houses - it is sad to see. But it was a really amazing experience.

That is crazy all these people who are prego and it is amazing to hear about the success of the missionary effort [in your ward] because it is really important. Here because without us some wards and Branches would be lost, but it is a way of spreading and establish the church. Speaking of, we had the attendance up to 116 and it has been going up. The Bishop is very happy with us and we are really hoping to have some success in the following month. I thank you all for your prayers and continue to ask for them so that our investigators can grow and that I might be a help to my district and my companion. I love you all and hope all is well.

PS I bought shoes here that were 400 or 500 and they are pretty strong and should be just fine. Sorry because I went to like six places and they didn't even have my size. But payless did and they were a little more expensive but worth it I'd say.
Love, Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment