Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Peruvian Companion Change

Well, I am doing good. I did not have changes but my companion did. I have received Elder Calta from Peru -awesome, right? He is a very humble, loving, kind, and positive person. He was actually trained by Elder Jimenez who was my companion at the coast. It is his third change in the mission and he has been out for 4 months. His parents are not members, just three of his siblings are. He is a convert of three years. He learned Spanish and I guess had kind of a hard time in the CCM with it. He knows two Peruvian languages. I pretty much received the opposite of Elder Vallecillo, my old companion. The district had some odd changes because all those who had one change in their areas all left except one, but his companion will die this change. And all those who have more time in their areas stayed.


(Elder Calto is the only elder in the front row - on right side)

My back is fine; it really is all better.

About our investigators, it is a little more difficult because the ward is pretty weak, even though we have seen some big changes, we really receive little to no help and 0 references. But we are here working hard and trying to figure out what we can do better. This change should be exciting because I believe that we are going to have zone conference and I believe Elder Martino will be present. And our convert, Susy, is looking for work. She was offered a job and it was super nice, but they wanted a ton of things like work on Sunday and she said no and now is still looking. So I felt really proud of her. As for us we were contacting the other day and a family let us in and we taught them and are going to return to visit them on Saturday. It is really amazing to contact and have people let us in and listen, too and we truly pray we can have more of those because that is the only way we are finding new investigators. I am very excited but nervous for this change, but I have great hope for it and a lot of support from my companion.

I loved all of the messages and felt very loved and am very excited that you all were able to celebrate Grandma's birthday. I do love you all and pray all is well for you guys.

As for my shoes and backpack I think I will just buy them here and that way I can just have the replacements shoes for after the mission. I do love you all and pray that you will all have a great week and that you guys don't get to baggy - I mean I do have a little more than 8 months to go, so don't go planning my homecoming just yet.

I love you all, Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment