Monday, October 18, 2010

This week ...





Well, this last week my companion was feeling just fine and so we were able to work. One thing that was really sad is that we had been teaching a family and they seemed to always have difficulties so we invited them to go with us to church for the fourth and last time. He said no in a nice way, of course, but then we explained the Sabbath and then invited him and he said no. I asked if he had something to do and he said no and so I just said it is just because you don't want to and he started talking about such odd stuff about the covenant with Abraham. So we explained we would not come back and some other things; but really it just makes us sad when I have felt the spirit testify to someone and they do not care to listen.

All the members keep asking what is going to happen with changes and who's out and the thing is I kind of know what is going to happen, but have not said a thing - nor will I till I have received the call. But it is really sad knowing what is going to happen seeing all these investigators say how much they love me or that it would be weird without me. So I can't lie, things will be hard these next couple of days. The other thing is that they changed change date to Wednesday and not Monday. We will find out changes tonight even though I know that Elder __________ [I don't want his mother to read this before he tells her] will be the next assistant to the President and that the district I am in will be combined with another and part of it will be its own district. I will tell you where I am going and what I am doing in the following week.

We also had the baptisms of the Roldan Family and I baptized the father and my companion baptized the mother and the bishop baptized the daughter. It was such a good baptism because we had a good number of members and watched a very cool video after on the life of Christ that was like six minutes long. That family is amazing -they want to go to the temple and be sealed and learn and change and do anything that we challenge them to do. Now we are working with the wife's parents. They have been to church a lot and want to be members but struggle with a few things.

But I love you guys and ask for your prayers that I can be the best I can and won't have to suffer from more back problems and other sicknesses because I have learned those are not fun.

I love you all so much
Elder Musick

No comments:

Post a Comment