Monday, November 8, 2010

November 2010

Okay, well about the whole Idaho thing. I think it would be odd to live there but then again I have never known another home except for the one you are in right now. But let's face it - I wouldn't care, but I would always say I am from California. I am glad you got to spend time with the boys, but it is very strange to hear that Parker turned one because I really don't even know the boy yet. Okay, so I just read over the horse and barn and pond and I could go for that.

So for the Dia de los Muertos, they didn't like us because they had their parades and we were just walking in the opposite direction so we got a lot of odd looks.

This week was a great week because we had a conference with Elder Martino. It was truly amazing; I learned so much and felt very impacted. There was a point when he asked what we had learned from President and Sister Baldwin. I stood up and said that President Baldwin will sometimes chastise us and then he asked me why, I said because he loves us. He then stopped and said, “Do you know what the first thing you did before you spoke up?” and I said, “No”. He then said, “You had a big smile on your face when you looked at him. You must really love your President”; and then talked about how President Baldwin can tell the difference between the sinner and the sin. I was really amazed by the conference.

Another thing - I was able to talk the Bishop into changing the ward mission plan so that it would actually work. It is the plan sent from Salt Lake and I think we have changed it so that we can really put it into effect. That was truly a big change for us and hope that it works and helps this ward to grow.

This week there is a temple trip and the Roldan Family is going through. I thought it would be better if we didn't go so that the ward would have the chance to help them and they can build some better bonds in the church. I also had the opportunity to give the Priesthood to Luis Roldan, which was very cool.

About my companion, it is interesting. He can speak well for his time and reads really well, but doesn't understand a lot. So I have been working on ways of helping him be able to teach more.

As for Christmas gifts, maybe insoles, two shirts, socks - but thin socks, and candy. Also some foot powder to help with the smell just a little bit because it is sometimes smelly for the humidity.

But I love you all and hope all is well with you guys. I love you and thank you all for your love and support.

Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment