Monday, December 27, 2010

Last letter of 2010

Our call was nice and didn't really distract me; it is kind of hard to do that. The baptism was nice - there were just a few people there, but a very nice service.

Well, this last week was kind of odd because a lot of people left town or weren't here so that made it a little tricky. I hope that everyone comes back today and I hope that things go back to normal. It is odd to think that it is almost 2011 and I will be curious to see how it is here. It is sad here because a lot of people drink and there are a lot of drunk people, but the real sad part is we found a less active member stumbling drunk last night on our way to the house. I truly have learned a lot about the importance of the Word of Wisdom here because I have seen families destroyed and men who have lost everything or are losing everything because of their addiction to strong substances. I truly thank you Dad first for being a great example but to the both of you for teaching the importance of keeping such a commandment because I can see why the Lord would protect us in that way.

I really hope that this next week we are able to help some of our investigators get married and overcome some of their problems they suffer from. We have so many that are so close but just struggle with a few things and they know what they need to do but are having a hard time committing to doing it.

One thing that will be hard to deal with is that next week we will being going to church at 8:00. It will be harder because we will have to get up a lot earlier to help our investigators out, but at the same time I hope that they get up to be able to go. I am excited because the stake presidency should be making changes to the ward in January when we have stake conference on the 22nd and 23rd.

I am glad that you guys were able to go and visit Grandma and Papa and the boys and I hope dad has a great time at the Outlets ;) I love you guys and hope that you are having a great anniversary and that Christmas was a fun experience for you all.
Love, Elder Musick.

P.S. Thank you for checking into schools and keeping me updated on some of the places you are applying to.

No comments:

Post a Comment