Monday, December 20, 2010

Service Fun

Last week's questions you didn't address:

There are a few questions I would like you to think about before the call and I know you don't want to deal with this stuff, yet, but this will be our last phone call as I figure you will be coming home around Mother's Day and won't be calling.
1. Do you have a release date? I think the 20th I should be home or the 19th but something like that.
2. Do you want to go back to school early or in September as you planned? I truly don't have the desire to go back there because of all the changes they did and how ultimately I don't care to graduate from there so I thought it would be better to look for somewhere else rather than waste the money.
3. What type of work are you thinking about if you don't return to school right away? I don't know what would be better because I feel I could help the ward with my short time there and save more money and help some people while I am there but we can talk about that later.
4. Katie said she could try to get you on at Aspen Grove for the summer if that interests you. They love returned missionaries and it would be a great spiritually fun place to work. Along the lines of EFY counselors and you once expressed interest in that. We can apply there and see what happens.
5. Of course, Dad can use you at work, too. We'll talk on the 25th.

I think that I will call about 11:30 or 12:00 o'clock [my time]. I hope that will be okay. I will be calling from the phone of a member. He has an international plan so it should be better than last time.

It doesn't look like we will have a white Christmas but we are focusing more on the needs of our investigators rather than push them to that date.

This last week was pretty good. For our P-day we woke up at 5:20 in the morning and went to a small plot of land on the side of a cliff to pick beans. We did this for the first counselor who tore a ligament and can't walk or leave his house so we went and did that until 1:00. Then on Wednesday I went to the coast to receive training with all the leaders in the coast; I thought it was very well done and should help us grow as a mission. Then on Saturday we helped a family move which didn't take very long but it was kind of fun because it was a two story house so we just lifted everything up to the second level to make it faster and easier.

This week should be fun because we are going to give a lot of service because everyone wants to paint their houses; it is part of the culture, so we will be doing that a lot and we are going to go caroling as a district with some of the youth. I think we are going to try and pass by as many houses as we can to share a short Christmas message.

I hope all is well and I look forward to talking to you guys and Mom, would you try and give me options on work or school so that we can have a better conversation and a quicker one, too.

I love you all and hope all is well and wish the best to all the family from me.
Love,
Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment