Monday, December 6, 2010

Working on a WHITE Christmas

Well, with changes, like I said I am still here with Elder Adams. In the district Elder Allen and Hermana Rubio left and we received Elder Coreas and Hermana Mirne and she is being trained. So we have one in her first change, one in his second change, and one in his third change. Pretty crazy. And I can truly say that the Spanish in our district is definitely not the greatest.

So this week was a harder week for us because people just were not in their houses. But somehow we managed to get a number of people to church, so I felt very blessed. As a district we set the goal to have a white Christmas so we are trying to put all of our baptismal dates for the 25th. We have been working hard to make that possible. We had to get up one day at five to go to renap (?) and pull papers out to try and get people married. And it looks like we will have to do that again this week. As of right now it looks like it will be a trick, but we fasted are praying and working to do everything to make the 25th a special day for our investigators and to celebrate the Lord’s birth.

If you guys could pray for our families and investigators. I think your prayers can truly help.

This year I have felt like it is Christmas, last year - not so much, but this year I have truly felt the spirit of the season. I think the goal for the 25th has really helped me put this into prospective. One great thing that happened this week is that the Estrada Family went to the ward activity we had Saturday, then to church, and last night we went to the Christmas devotional. I was very impressed because they loved it all and after the Devotional the Stake Presidency had fireworks going off to watch and I am talking about the ones that you shoot in the air and then explode for a good display. But I think this week was very hard but at the same time rewarding. But I love you guys and hope all is well for you and tell dad to keep it up because we need to “be anxiously engaged in a good work”.
Love you all, Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment