Monday, May 2, 2011

Finally ... May!

Well, last week was a good week I think. On Monday we worked with a recent convert Hugo to write his testimony in the Book of Mormon and then we went with him on Wednesday to give it to his friend and after that he has been giving a lot of references to us. He only has three months as a member. That night we had a family night with the bishop but the family that they were working with didn't show up so tonight we will go again. Hugo also found out that I am going home soon and told me that I had to stop by the Monday before I go home. I have really enjoyed working with him and I think he has enjoyed working with us.

On Tuesday we just had a few appointments but also we had coordination with a mission leader and are working to get a thing called the mission process and things are somewhat moving.

On Wednesday I had to go to the capital for a meeting for all the district leaders which was good, but it has been the same one for the last five times; it doesn't change too much. But in the night time we had a lesson with the Benbow Family - he is Seventh-day whatever and the wife is a member but things are hard there because the wife doesn't really support us or him and he has a lot of questions which are harder to answer because he just trusts the Bible.

On Friday I was on divisions and had to do a baptismal interview but I had to say no because they had a problem with the Word of Wisdom. It is interesting because I could feel that something was wrong but she was doing so well and then that is when I started to verify and found out. But I am grateful the Spirit has truly been a blessing in many cases like that. We also found a family of five by contacting a door and they let us in and we just talked about baptism and then we challenged them and they said yes if the Lord tells them what we teach is true, but they could have a lot of potential. But we will see.

Saturday we went to help fix a table that I broke because we were making donuts and I was making the dough and the leg of the table broke. So we went and fixed it and then I taught English to one of the kids in the family that had some homework. Then that night I spoke at an activity with the youth about missionary work and then the Stake President spoke and his wife. Then there was food after.

Yesterday during church we had to give an example of the Atonement of Christ to help the Relief Society and the President asked us to help. We gave her the example and she had to teach it. It turned out great because all the women cried because the President offered cookies and me and my comp. had to do 10 push-ups for every person whether they wanted the cookie or not. We had to do like 200 or so. But I think the point was clearly made.

Also the Ramos family came but our biggest problem is his work because we don't know if he will be able to attend. So we are praying and working to help them. But the husband says he wants to be baptized the 15th but the wife is kind of here and there. But it is an amazing family. Next Tuesday I will visit my old members in an old area.

But love you all,
Elder Musick.

No comments:

Post a Comment